Healthcare Quality Week 2016
Taking place October 16-22, Healthcare Quality Week is the time we dedicate to celebrating the contributions professionals have made in the field and their impact on healthcare! Throughout the week, we bring greater awareness to the Profession of Healthcare Quality and celebrate and acknowledge the work of healthcare quality professionals. We provide you with resources that you can use to help your organization celebrate the profession of healthcare quality as well as events to help you get in the spirit!
Whether you’re planning a week-long celebration or a Lunch & Learn event, take advantage of NAHQ’s HQW resources to make the most of your event.
- Observe National Healthcare Quality Week or Day, whichever suits your organization and its budget.
- Download the free Healthcare Quality Week poster and display it as is. Or, you can add your organization’s information to the customizable poster (for customization, view in Adobe Reader or Acrobat).
- Host a Lunch and Learn presentation.
- Purchase HQW items to use as prizes or gifts.
- Download the official 2016 HQW logo and e-mail signature.
- Use publicity and word of mouth to promote HQW activities. Add your institution’s information in NAHQ’s press release template to spread the word.
- Get social.
- I'm proud to be a healthcare quality professional! #HQW2016 (Post a photo of you or your team in the workplace or that shows you on the job.)
- I'm a healthcare quality professional because.... #HQW2016 (Invite people to complete the sentence.)
- Being a healthcare quality professional means.... #HQW2016 (Invite people to complete the sentence.)
- Healthcare quality means.... #HQW2016 (Encourage people to share their thoughts.)
- It's Healthcare Quality Week, October 16-22! A big thank you to all the healthcare quality professionals at INSERT YOUR ORGANIZATION for your great work! #HQW2016 (Include the HQW Facebook cover photo or the HQW Twitter cover photo and photos of your peers or staff in the post.)
- Let us contact your C-suite to inform them about HQW and provide them with a template message they can share with your colleagues and fellow staff throughout your institution. (For a customizable letter, complete the form.)
Members: Join NAHQ President Michael Greer, RN MHA CPHQ CJCP, and Executive Director Stephanie Mercado, CAE, at noon CST on Friday, October 21 for NAHQ’s virtual membership meeting, a unique opportunity for members to hear directly from NAHQ's leaders about the current and future state of the organization.
Members and CPHQs: In appreciation of your dedication and commitment to the profession and NAHQ, we’re hosting a complimentary webinar on Tuesday, October 18 from 12-1 pm CST featuring our special guest presenter, Robert Furno, MD, chief medical officer for the Upper Midwest Region of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
After listening to Dr. Furno's presentation, Emerging Trends in Healthcare Delivery and Payment Reform: A CMS Perspective, you will
- Understand CMS goals for the future of U.S. healthcare
- Identify the different ways for Healthcare Quality Professionals to participate in upcoming payment programs
- Recognize many of the different innovative programs being tested throughout the country to improve how we deliver healthcare.
One hour of CPHQ CE will be awarded for this event.